Answer :- 1917
2. Who repealed the Vernacular Press Act?
Answer :- Lord Ripon
3. In which year Indian National Congress approved the basic Education System propounded by Gandhiji?
Answer :- 1938
4. The Indian king who was mentioned as 'Sandrokottus' in Greek records?
Answer :-Chandraguptha Maurya
5. The battle of Kalinka was in?
Answer :- 261 BC
6. Which is called 'The manual of Maurya Empire?
7. The capital of Pallavas was?
Answer :- Kancheepuram
8. The Sangam was held under the royal patronage of?
Answer :- Pandyas
9. Who was the viceroy when Indian Penal Code was brought into effect?
Answer :- Lord Canning
10. Name the Governor general who introduced Doctrine of Lapse?
Answer :- Dalhousie
11. The first British Viceroy of India?
Answer :- Canning
12. It is believed that becoming a friend of Chandragupta Maurya, Chanakya was a teacher of which University?
Answer :- Taxilla
13. Which is considered as 'Odyssy of Tamil poetry'?
14. The Sangam age flourished between?
Answer :- 300 BC - 300 AD
15. Who was the Viceroy when Queen Victoria was declared as the Empress of India in 1877?
Answer :- Lytton
16. Who transilated Arthasastra into English?
Answer :- Syamasasthri
17. 'Wheel' symbolises which event in Buddha's life?
Answer :- First Sermon
18. Who authored 'Chilappathikaram'?
Answer :- Ilango Adikal
19. The Arthasasthra is divided into how many books?
Answer :- 15
20. The town bombarded by Vasco da Gama during his second visit as the local ruler refused to expel muslim traders from there?
Answer :- Kozhikode