2. In the first phase, the target is to complete one crore houses by March 2019
3. A minimum support of around 1.5 lakh rupees to 1.6 lakh rupees is now available to a household.
4. If the beneficiary desires, there is also a provision of Bank loan of up to 70000 rupees.
5. All the beneficiaries are selected through a completely transparent process using the Socio Economic Census 2011 data.
6. It provides for skilling 5 lakh Rural Masons by 2019 and allows over 200 different housing designs across the country based on housing typologies, environmental hazards and the household requirements.
7. It targets the poor households and uses ICT and space technology to confirm correct selection of beneficiaries and progress of work.
8. The entire payments will be done through IT/DBT mode with Aadhaar linked Bank accounts to ensure complete transparency and accountability.
9. It is the revamped version of Indira Awas Yojana.
10. The minimum area of home under the new scheme has been increased to 25 Square meter (267 Square foot) from 20 Square Meter earlier scheme.
READ MORE :- SOCIAL WELFARE SCHEMES
11. The main objective of the scheme is to provide homes to every Indian by the year 2022.
12. Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana - Gramin (PMAY-G) will be implemented across the country except Delhi and Chandigrah.
14. An additional Rs. 12000 will also be provided to build toilet to each beneficiary under the Swachch Bharat Mission.
16.The new houses will be equipped with PM Ujjwala Yojana.