2. Name of post : Police Constable
3. Scale of Pay : Rs 10,480 – 18,300/- (PR)
4. Number of Vacancies : 131
5. Method of appointment : Direct recruitment (i) Category No.18/2016 Open Market
(ii) Category No.19/2016 For SSLC failed SC/ST candidates. If sufficient number of fully qualified SC/ST candidates are not available under Category (i) the application of those SC/ST candidates who have failed SSLC will be considered only to fill up the quota reserved for them.
6. Age :- 18 –26.
Only candidates born between 2-1-1990 and 1-1-1998, (both days included) are eligible to apply for this post. 7. Qualifications:
1. Educational Qualifications: 1. Pass in SSLC or its equivalent
2. Physical Qualifications:
Must be physically fit and should possess the following minimum physical standards as prescribed below
(a) Height - 167 cms
(b) Chest - 81 – 86 cms
Minimum chest measurement - Normal 81 cms and expanded 86 cm (Minimum expansion not less than 5 cms) Note: The minimum height and chest measurements shall be 160 cms and 76-81 cms [Minimum chest measurement - Normal 76 cms and expanded 81 cm - Minimum expansion not less than 5 cms] respectively for Schedule Castes and Schedule Tribes candidates.
(c) Eye Sight:
Must be certified to possess the Visual Standards specified below without glasses.
Distant vision 6/6 Snellen [Right Eye] 6/6 Snellen [ Left Eye]
Near vision 0.5 Snellen[Right Eye] 0.5 Snellen [ Left Eye]
8. Endurance Test (Qualifying) :- All eligible candidates for appointment to the Regular Wing of the India Reserve Battalion have to undergo an endurance test, which will be of qualifying nature, and shall consist of a Road Run of 3 Kms, to be completed in 13 minutes.
9. Written Test/OMR Test:- Those who qualify in the endurance test will have to undergo a written test /OMR Test conducted by Kerala Public Service Commission.
10. Physical Efficiency Test:- A Short List will be published on the basis of the marks secured in the OMR Test and a Physical Efficiency Test will be conducted for those included in the Short List. Each candidates must qualify in at least 5 out of 8 items specified below of the National Physical Efficiency one star standard tests with minimum standards noted against each namely:-
STANDARD OF PHYSICAL EFFICIENCY
1. 100 meters race : 14 Seconds
2. High Jump : 132.20 Cm (4'6”)
3. Long Jump : 457.20cm (15')
4. Putting the shot of 7264 grams : 609.60 cms (20')
5. Throwing the Cricket Ball : 6096 cms (200')
6. Rope Climbing (only with hands) : 365.80 cms (12')
7. Pull ups or chinning : 8 times
8. 1500 meters run : 5 minutes and 44 seconds
11. Tentative Schedule of Examination:
(a) Endurance Test – April/May 2016
(b) Written/OMR Test – June 2016
(c) Physical Efficiency Test – September 2016
Mode of submitting Applications:
Last date of receipt of applications: 13.04.2016 Wednesday up to 12 Midnight.