2. Services Sports Control Board emerged overall champions and winner of the Raja Bhalendra Trophy for the 3rd consecutive time in the National Games.
3. Louis Jordan a famous muscian who passed away recently is from United States of America. He is popularly known as 'The King of the Juckebox'.
4. Virat Kohili became the only Indian to score a centuary against Pakisthan in a World Cup match.
6. Aravind Kejiriwal won the legislative assembly election from New Delhi constituency
7. Kiran Bedi lost election against S.K.Bagga in the Krishna Nagar constituency.
8. Kerala got 162 medals (54 Gold, 48 Silver, 60 Bronze)
9. Subrahmaniyam Jayashankar is appointed as the new Foreign Secretary of India.
10. India's first skill development center is established in Udipur.