Current Affairs August 2014 for PSC | Current Affairs August 2014 for PSC | Current Affairs 2014 for Kerala PSC Exams | Current Affairs 2014 for PSC Exams | Current Affairs 2014 for All Competitive Exams | Current affairs Quiz August 2014 | PSC | SSC | UPSC | Current Affairs for Civil Services | Current Affairs for IBPS | SBI | Bank PO | RRB Exams
Answer :-Jammu and Kashmir
2. Who headed the committee to review the methodology for measurment of poverty which submitted its report to the Union Government?
Answer :- C.Rangarajan
3. The Supreme Court of India has recently directed the State Governoment of Jammu and Kashmir to restore the beauty of which famous lake?
Answer :- Dal Lake
4. Which wildlife sanctuary in Maharashtra was notified as the 47th Tiger Reserve of India?
Answer :- Bor Wildlife Sanctuary
5.Name the inagural train that runs between the newly commissioned 25km Katra - Udhampur rail line in Jammu and Kashmir?
Answer :- Shree Shakti Express
6. An 11 storey building has been collapsed in whcih city, killing more than sixty persons?
Answer :- Chennai
7. Which legendary Indian actress and dancer who had received Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan and Padma Vibhushan passed away at the age of 102?
Answer :- Zohra Sehgal
- She started her career as a dancer with Uday Shankar in 1935. The 1946 film Dharti Ke Lal marked her debut as an actor. A few of her popular filims include Afsar, Bend It Like Beckham, Dil Se and Saawariya.
8. Name India's first indigenous antisubmarine warship?
Answer :- INS Kamorta
- The ship was built by Garden Reach Ship Builders, Kolkata.
9. Which Indian legendary actor's ancestral home in Peshawar (Pakisthan) has recently been declared as a national heritage?
Answer :- Dileep Kumar
10. Which popular Malayalam Film maker who holds the record of making 141 films in his career, passed away recently?
Answer :- J.Sasikumar
- His orginal name was Nambiathusseril Varkey John. He was honoured with the coveted J.C.Daniel Award in 2012.
11. India has recently asked which UN Group to vacate the government bungalow in Delhi?
Answer :- United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakisthan (UNMOGIP)
12. The telecom Regulatory Authority has notified that the minimum broadband speed has been raised to how many kilo bytes per second(kbps)?
Answer :- 512 kbps. Earlier it was 256 kbps.
13. Which eminent Carnatic musician and mridangam exponent got this year's Sangita Kalanidhi Award?
Answer :- T.V.Gopalakrishnan
- The Sangita Kalanidhi award by the Madras Music Academy is considered one of the greatest awards in Carnatic Music.
Answer :- Haryana
15. The Income Tax Exemption Limit was increased to ?
Answer :- ₹ 2.5 Lakh
16. The Union Government has announced the setting up of IIT's in which state?
Answer :- Jammu and Kashmir, Chhattisgrah, Goa, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala
17. What is the name of project proposed by the Union Government, to develop an island waterway between Allahabad and Haldia?
Answer :- Jal Marg Vikas
18. The Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation (Amendment) bill passed the Parliament on July 14, facilitates the transfer of 205 villages from Telangana to Andhra Pradesh, for the construction of which dam?
Answer :- Polavaram
19. India observed Kargil Vijay Diwas on?
Answer :- July 26
- On that day India celebrated the 15th anniversary of its triumph in Kargil War.
20. Name the online portal launched by the Government of India to engage citizens in the task of good governance?
Answer :- MyGov (www.mygov.nic.in)
21. Name the mission launched by the Government of India to conserve and develop indigenous breeds of cows in focused and scientific manner?
Answer :- Rashtriya Gokul Mission
22. Name the exhibition on weels, aiming to create nationalwide awareness of the biodiversity of India, flagged off from the Safdarjung Railway Station in New Delhi?
Answer :- Science Express Biodiversity Special (SEBS)
23. The Ministry of Women and Children Development announced the launching of a campaign named for saving the girl child and enabling her education?
Answer :- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao
24. Which company has been become the first Indian firm to cross ₹ 5 Lakh crore in market capitalization?
Answer :- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
25. Name the schemd recently launched by the Central Government for the holistic development of the tribals?
Answer :- Van Bandhu Kalyan Yojana
26. The Union Cabinet has approved the proposal for increasing the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the insurance sector to how much percent?
Answer :- 49 percent
Dear Readers do U have any PSC Previous Question Papers with You ? If Yes Just e-mail Me - email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org