Statewide Exam Answer Keys
Question Paper Code :- 90/2013
CATEGORY NUMBER : 490/2011
NAME OF POST : JUNIOR ASSISTANT/CASHIER/ASSISTANT GRADE II/LDC
DEPARTMENT : KSRTC/KERALA LIVE STOCK DEVELOPMENT BOARD/STATE FARMING CORPORATION OF KERALA STATE DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION FOR SC ST LTD/SIDCO/(OUSHADHI) PHARMACEUTICAL CORPORATION (IM KERALA LIMITED ETC.
EXAMINATION DATE : 13-07-2013 Saturday
EXAMINATION TIME : 2.00 pm to 3.15 pm
MAXIMUM MARK : 100
EXAMINATION DURATION : 1.15 HRS
MEDIUM OF QUESTIONS : ENGLISH
THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL ANSWER KEY [Cut Off Mark May Be between 40-50]
GK and Current Affairs Section
1. "Optical Phenomenon" in the fringe pattern of CD is:
ANSWER :- Interference
2. The Weakest force among the following?
ANSWER :- Gravitational
3. Exchange Particle in Quark-Quark Interaction?
ANSWER :- Gluon
4. Special Theory of Relatively was proposed in ?
ANSWER :- 1905
5. IRADIAN is ?
ANSWER :- 57.3
6. For liquids, both Cofficient of Viscosity and Surface Tension ?
ANSWER :- Decreases with increase in temperature
7. Fraction of volume of ice seen outside when immersed in water?
ANSWER :- 10.5%
8. Celsius and Fahrenheit show the same temperature at ?
ANSWER :- -40
9. ____ occurs when source of light approach an observer?
ANSWER :- Blue Shift
10. Which colour indicate Highest Temperature?
ANSWER :- Dull Red
11. The country that declared the year 2013 as National Year of Rice?
ANSWER :- Philippines
12. The chairman of the joint parliamentary committee on the 2G scam?
ANSWER :- P.C.Chacko
13. The first Aadhaar number holder Ranjana Sadasiv Sonawne belongs to ?
ANSWER :- Maharastra
14. The legless amphibian reported from Meghalaya by a Malayalee Scientist ?
ANSWER :- Chikilidae
15. Arogyakeralam award instituted by the Government of Kerala is given to ?
ANSWER :- Local Bodies
16. The director of the film Celluloid?
ANSWER :- Kamal
17. India's 100th successful space mission was on ?
ANSWER :- 9th September 2012
18. Name the first private person of India who was given 'Z' security cover by the Union Government?
ANSWER :- Mukesh Ambani
19. 'Saraswati Samman' 2012 was awarded to poet Sugathakumari for her work?
ANSWER :- Manalezhuthu
20. Olympics 2012 held at London was the?
ANSWER :- 30th
21. The representative of the crown came to be called as 'viceroy' instead of 'governor general' from the period .....?
ANSWER :- 1858
22. The 'Vernacular Press Act' was passed in India during the period of _____
ANSWER :- Lord Lytton
23. Lord Curzon became the viceroy of India after ____
ANSWER :- Loed Elgin -II
24. The non-cooperation movement was accepted by the congress party in its ____ session.
ANSWER :- Nagpur
25. The river known as 'Sorrow of Bihar' is ___
ANSWER :- Kosi
26. The man named as 'Father of Indian archaeology' is ___
ANSWER :- Alexander Cunningham
27. The mountain ranges in the eastern part of India forming its boundary with Myanmar are collectively called as?
ANSWER :- Purvachal
28. Which one of the following lakes is a salt water lake?
ANSWER :- Sambhar
29. The first population census was taken in India in the year?
ANSWER :- 1872
30. The country which has higher average population density than India is ____?
ANSWER :- Bangladesh
31. Which among the following is a Megalitic Burial Site in Kerala?
ANSWER :- None of This
32. In which district of Kerala, Edakkal is situated?
ANSWER :- Wayanad
33. Who among the following is assosiated with Ayyavazhi?
ANSWER :- Ayya Vaikundar
34.Which was the rail line in Kerala through which train passed first?
ANSWER :- Beppur-Tirur
35. Who wrote the book Kristhumatha Chedanam?
ANSWER :- Chattampi Swamikal
36. Under whose leadership, Vala Samudaya Parishjarini Sabha was organised?
ANSWER :- Pandit.K.P.Karuppan
37. Which was the place of conference in which Sree Narayana Guru called for the abolition of Talikettukalyanam?
ANSWER :- Alwaye
38. Which poem of Kumaran Asan portrys the story of Matangi?
ANSWER :- Chandalabhikshuki
39. Who wrote Islam Matha Siddhantha Samgraham?
ANSWER :- Vakkom Maulavi
40. Where did Mahatma Gandhi and Sree Narayana Guru meet in 1925?
ANSWER :- Sivagiri
41. The rights of minorities to establish and administer educational institutions in guaranteed in the ?
ANSWER :- Article 30
42. The statement "Eternal Vigilance is the Price of liberty" means:
ANSWER :- People should be conscious of their rights
43. The assets of a dead man without heir or will undertaken by the state is called ?
ANSWER :- Escheats
44. The Principle of Rule of Law implies?
ANSWER :- All should be treated as equals
45. Who among the following formulated 'People's Plan'?
ANSWER :- M.N.Roy
46. Which of the following is not established by the constitution of India?
ANSWER :- Planning Commission
47. Parliamentary Committee on Subordinate Legislation came into existence in ?
ANSWER :- 1969
48. Judicial Review Power of the Supreme Court relates to ?
ANSWER :- Constitutional Validity of law
49. The minimum age required to be eligible to contest Presidential election in India is ?
ANSWER :- 35 Years
50. The National Human Rights Commission was established in ?
ANSWER :- 1993
51. We ____ Ravi yesterday.
ANSWER :- met
52. He comes home everyday.
ANSWER :- doesn't he?
53. Reena has a ___ for painting.
ANSWER :- flair
54. My father is ____ home.
ANSWER :- an
55. Reena is not ____ ugly girl.
ANSWER :- at
56. James passed ____ his old school today morning.
ANSWER :- into
57. The robber looted the bank in ____ with the security.
ANSWER :- collusion
58. The mistakes ____ admitted by the student.
ANSWER :- were
59. Choose the correct form:
ANSWER :- Neither did I read nor did I speak
60. "I saw this car here a week ago", she said. She said that _____
ANSWER :- she saw that car there a week before
Information Technology Section
61.This is based on individual who knows how to use information and communication technologies and those who do not?
ANSWER :- Usage quality
62. The kind of crime involves altering raw data just before a computer processes it and then changing it back after the processing is completed:
ANSWER :- Data diddling
63. Information Technology Act in India was amended in :
ANSWER :- 2008
64. This network is an autonomous Inter-University Centre of University Grants Commission:
ANSWER :- INFLIBNET
65. Which of the following is not a wireless communication device?
ANSWER :- None of these
Subscribe KPSC Helper via Email, Its Free!! Don't miss any post
PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR SUBSCRIPTION by following the Link provided in that Email.
PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR SUBSCRIPTION by following the Link provided in that Email.
66. Computer to computer exchange of business documents is done through?
ANSWER :- ERP
67. Who started Free Software Foundation?
ANSWER :- Richard Stallman
68. Linux is a ___
ANSWER :- Operating System
69. Which of the following is not an e-governance project in India?
ANSWER :- PRAYAN
70. The resolution of a monitor is governed by the :
ANSWER :- Number of pixels
Mathematics and Mental Ability Section
71. If 30% of 30=x% of 90 then the value of x is?
ANSWER :- 10
72. If x=2y=3z then x:y:z is?
ANSWER :- 6:3:2
73. There are 24 boys and 16 girls in a class. For a class test the average marks of boys is 25 and that of girls is 24. The average mark of the total students in that class is ?
ANSWER :- 24.6
74.If 2 raseto x = 8 raseto y then the possible values of x and y are :
ANSWER :- 6 and 2
75. Ravi and Biju invested the amounts Rs.10 lakhs and 8 lakhs respectively, in a joint venture of business. After 1 year they got a total profit of Rs.6,30,000/-. They decided to divide the profit according to the ratio of the amounts invested. How much amount would Ravi get as profit ?
ANSWER :- Rs 3,50,000/-
76. The sum of the ages of a father and son is 52. The difference their ages is 28, then the age of the father is ?
ANSWER :- 40
77. 4 men can do a work in 5 days and 6 women can do the same work in 4 days. If 5 men and 6 women work together they will complete the work in ?
ANSWER :- 2 days
78. A vegetable-fruit merchant purchased 200 boxes of apples at the rate 5 boxes for Rs.40 and sold all the apples at the rate 4 boxes for Rs.50. Percentage of his profit is ?
ANSWER :- 56.25%
79. A bus of length 10 m is overtaking another bus of the same length. If their speeds are 12m/s and 8m/s, how much time would be taken for overtaking ?
ANSWER :- 5 sec
80. Three men are walking along three circular paths which are concentric, with the same speed. The Perimeters of the circle are 20m, 30m and 40m. If their starting points are on the same line, the distance travelled by each of them, when all they again reached together at the line of starting points is ?
ANSWER :- 120 m
81.Identify the next number in the series :- 9, 8, 8, 8, 7, 8, 6, ?
ANSWER :- 8
82. Complete the following series by filling the question mark :- AZB, ___, CTB, DQB, ENB
ANSWER :- BWB
83. Complete the following series by filling question mark :- 2, 7, 14, 23, ? , 47, ....
ANSWER :- 34
84. Which of the following names will appear in the middle if they are arranged alphabetically ?
ANSWER :- Parkashji
85. If the following series is written in the reverse order then which be the 7th letter to the right of the 4th letter from your left? (A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z)
ANSWER :- P
86. If BOX is coded as CDPQYZ, what will be the last two letters of word in the same code for HERO?
ANSWER :- PQ
87. 'Tree' is related to 'Sapling' in the same way a 'Woman' is related to ?
ANSWER :- Girl
88. Find out the option which has the same type of relationship as 'Retirement and Service'?
ANSWER :- Contract and Agreement
89. Identify the odd one out?
ANSWER :- June
90. A and B started from a fixed place. A moves 3 km to North and turns right, then walks 4 km. B moves towards West and walks 5 km then turns to right and walks 3 km. How far A is from B?
ANSWER :- 9 km
91.ശരിയായ രൂപം ?
ഉത്തരം :- ഉദ്ബോധനം
92. അവഗീതൻ എന്ന പദത്തിന്റെ അർഥം ?
ഉത്തരം :- നിന്ദയോടുകൂടിയവൻ
93. വ്യാകരണപരമായി ശരിയേത്?
ഉത്തരം :- എ ) സൗദ്തര്യവും സാമർ ത്ഥ്യവും അന്തസ്സും അഭിജാത്യവുമുള്ള യുവതി.
94. കണ്ണീർ എന്ന പദം പിരിച്ചാൽ ?
ഉത്തരം :- സി ) കണ്+നീർ
95. 'ചരം ' എന്നതിന്റെ വിപരീതം ?
ഉത്തരം :- അചരം
96. ഉഴിയം നടത്തുക എന്ന ശൈലിയുടെ അർത്ഥം ?
ഉത്തരം :- കൃത്യബോധം കൂടാതെ വല്ലതും ചെയ്തു തീർക്കുക
97. ശരിയായ പദം ?
ഉത്തരം :- ആപാദചൂഡം
98. അർത്ഥ വ്യത്യാസം ഉള്ള പദം ?
ഉത്തരം :- കപോലം
99. 'ഇൽ ' എന്ന പ്രത്യയം ഏതു വിഭക്തിയുടെതാണ് ?
ഉത്തരം :- ആധാരികയുടെ
100. ചൂരൽ കൊണ്ടടിച്ചു - ഇതിൽ 'കൊണ്ട്' എന്നത്?
ഉത്തരം :- ഗതി
Question Paper Code A
Question Paper Code B
Question Paper Code C
Question Paper Code D
PSC OFFICIAL ANSWER KEY
FREE E-Mail Alert