DEPARTMENT : KERALA STATE FINANCIAL ENTERPRISES LTD/ KERALA STATE ELECTRICITY BOARD / THRISSUR CORPORATION……..ETC.
EXAMINATION DATE : 08/06/2013 Saturday
EXAMINATION TIME : 02.00 PM to 03.15 PM
MAXIMUM MARK : 100
Question Paper Code :- 74/2013
ANSWER KEY OF JULY 13th EXAMINATION is available Now
1. Decibel is a unit of :
ANSWER :- Sound
2. Which of the following is used as rear view mirrors in vehicles?
ANSWER :- Convex mirror
-->3. Which of the following is not an ore of iron .
ANSWER :- Haematite
4. Which one of the following is known as the 'King of Metals'?
ANSWER :- Gold
5. Which is the alkalodid that contains in cola drinks?
ANSWER :- Caffeine
6. Which alloy is used for the production of the body of aeroplanes?
ANSWER :- Duralumine
7. The compounds which are used to give colour to glasses and oil paintings ?
ANSWER :- Transition metals
8. Name the person who invented lightning conductor ?
ANSWER :- Benjamin Franklin
9. What is the voltage at which house hold AC(Alternative Current) equipments work ?
ANSWER :- 230 v
10. Which of the following is a device that employs the principle of Mutual Induction?
ANSWER :- Transformer
11. Dengu Fever is caused by ?
ANSWER :- IGM Dengue Virus
12. The work of famous poet 'AKKITHAM' which got VAYALAR award in 2012?
ANSWER :- Anthimahakalam
13. The highest National Environmental award?
ANSWER :- Paravaran Mithra Award
14. The second Indian who is appointed as head of ICC Cricket Committee?
ANSWER :- Anil Kumble
15. Who got Nobel Prize for literature in 2012?
ANSWER :- Mo Yan
16. The Sky Diver who breaks the sound barrier in sky diving?
ANSWER :- Felix Baumgartner
17. The programme launched by Kerala state Government to protect women and children from sexual abuse and sexual harassments?
ANSWER :- Nirbhaya
18. The present Chief Justice of India?
ANSWER :- Altamas Kabir
19. The new name of Big Ben Tower ?
ANSWER :- Elizabeth Tower
20.The 14th Vice President of India?
ANSWER :- Hameed Ansari
21. Which was the statistical model used for India's second five year plan for attaining economic development?
ANSWER :- Mahalanobis Model
22. The Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI) was established on ?
ANSWER :- 12 April 1992
23. Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park is located at ?
ANSWER :- Pune
24. Who was the first women Director of Police in India?
ANSWER :- Kanchan Chauduri
25. No child below the age of 14 can employed as per the Indian Constitution ?
ANSWER :- Article 24
26. Who wrote the book 'Development as Freedom'?
ANSWER :- Amartya Sen
27. In Kerala, the 'Akshaya Project' was firstly started in which district?
ANSWER :- Malappuram
28. 'Sugandha Bhavan' , the Head Office of Spices Board of India is located at ?
ANSWER :- Cochin
29. in 1990, Bharat Ratna was posthumously awarded to whom?
ANSWER :- B.R.Ambedkar
30. Liberalisation of insurance sector in India was based on the recommendations of ?
ANSWER :- Malhotra Committee
31. The total run of Kerala rivers is about ...... of India's total water potential?
ANSWER :- None of the above
32. When does North East Monsoon blow in the land of Kerala?
ANSWER :- October-November
33. The population density of Kerala as per Census of 2011?
ANSWER :- 859/sq km
34. The sex-ratio of Kerala (Females per 1000 Males) according to the Census of 2011?
ANSWER :- 1084
35. Pathiramanal Bird Sanctuary is situated in ?
ANSWER :- Vembanad Kayal
36. 'Mokshapradeepam' is the book written by ?
ANSWER :- Brahmananda Swami Shivayogi
37. Thatwa Prakashika Ashramam was established by ?
ANSWER :- Vagbhadananda Gurudevar
38. "Awake, remember the creator Arise and fight against injustice" Name the magazine which printed this message on its front page?
ANSWER :- Shivayogi Vilasam
39. Fasting of Savarna volunteers within the Guruvayur temple (1st October 1932) was organized under the leadership of ?
ANSWER :- K.Kelappan
40. The "Swadeshabhimani" was published under the ownership of ?
ANSWER :- Vakkom Abdul Khader Moulavi
41. The term 'Adjournment' with respect to the Indian Parliament Means?
ANSWER :- Meeting or sitting is suspended for the time being or for a day
42. The Indian Parliament derives its power from ?
ANSWER :- Constitution
43. Right to Property under Indian Constitution is a ?
ANSWER :- Legal Right
44. Untouchability is abolished under ?
ANSWER :- Article 17
45. An official appointed by a political party to regulate and monitor the behaviour of its members?
ANSWER :- Whip
46. As per the 69th Constitution Amendment Act 1999, Delhi is now?
ANSWER :- National Capital Territory
47. Article 21 A deals with?
ANSWER :- Right to Education
48. The Right to Information Act 2005 came into force on ?
ANSWER :- 12th October 2005
49. Lokayukta is an authority constituted for ?
ANSWER :- Investigating allegations of corruption against public servants
50. Who is the author of the book "Revolution 2020"?
ANSWER :- Chetan Bhagat
51. Choose the correct verb form :- The minister along with his body guards ....... killed in the riot.
ANSWER :- was
52. Use the correct preposition :- It's very nice ...... you to help me.
ANSWER :- of
53. Select the correct passive voice :- They are considering our plan :
ANSWER :- Our plan is being considered
54. Fill in the blank space with the right word :- She's not a good driver. She drives .......
ANSWER :- recklessly
55. Choose the correct antonym of the underlined word :- She is having a malignant tumour.
ANSWER :- benign
56. Choose the correct article :- This test lasts for ..... hour.
ANSWER :- an
57. Choose the phrase nearest in meaning to the underlined idiom :- Her sari cost the earth.
ANSWER :- is cheap
58. Substitute the underlined expression with right one word :- A person who loves mankind is known as _________
ANSWER :- Philanthropist
59. Report :- "Where are you going?" asked the policeman.
ANSWER :- The policeman asked me where i was going
60. Choose the right synonym for the word :- ephemeral
ANSWER :- momentary
61. Which of the following is not related to a computer monitor?
ANSWER :- Pointing devices
62. _______ is an input device commonly available in laptop?
ANSWER :- Touchpad
63. A temporary storage area attached to the CPU of the computer for input-output operations is a:
ANSWER :- Buffer
64. Product of the data processing is :
ANSWER :- Information
65. A collection of parallel lines that connects several devices in a computer is called ?
ANSWER :- Bus
66. Software installed to help prevent hacking is called?
ANSWER :- Firewall Software
67. Encryption of data means that :
ANSWER :- Data is encoded so it cannot be read without decoding software
68. A person who gains unauthorized access to a computer network for profit, criminal mischief or personal pleasure is ?
ANSWER :- Hacker
69. Linux is a :
ANSWER :- Operating system
70. _______ is a leagal monopoly granted for a limited time to owner of an invention.
ANSWER :- Copyright
71. Which is the next term in the sequence 10, 30, 70, 150, 310, .....
ANSWER :- 630
72. If 2/3+4/5+r, what is the value of r ?
ANSWER :- 8/15
73. Which is the greatest fraction among the following ?
ANSWER :- 5/8
74. If x/3=y/5=z/7 then z2-x2+y2/2y2 = ...........
ANSWER :- 1.3
75. If Eight thousand Rupees is added to the 60 % of the slary of an employee, the sum becames the salary itself. What is the salary?
ANSWER :- 20,000
76. An aircraft flies 400 kms straight east from station A and landed at station B. From there it flies 300 kms straight north and landed at station C. What is the aerial distance between stations A and C?
ANSWER :- 500 Kms
77. The sum of the areas of two squares is 61 square units and their difference is 11 aquare units. What is the length of a side of the smaller square?
ANSWER :- 5 units
78. 18 cups of water by cup A is required to fill a bucket where as 16 cups of water is sufficient to fill the same bucket by cup B. What is the ratio between volumes of Cup A and Cup B?
ANSWER :- 8:9
79. A train of length 260 meters long is running with a speed of 72 km/hr. What is the time taken by the train to cross a thin pole completely?
ANSWER :- 13 Seconds
80. Age of father is 4 times the age of his son. After 6 years ages of father and son will be in the ratio 5:2. What is the present age of the son?
ANSWER :- 6
81. What is the number in the place of '?' in the sequence 3, 28, 128, 353, 753, '?'
ANSWER :- 1378
82. In a certain code KERALA is coded as JCOWGU, how INDIA is coded in that system:
ANSWER :- HLAEV
83. Curd is related to Milk in the same way as Brick is related to _____
ANSWER :- Clay
84. Arun was born on 4th December 1990. His cousin Varun was born on 4th November 1990. The birthday of their cousin Kiran was Tuesday, 25th December of that year. In which day Varun was born?
ANSWER :- Sunday
85.Give the word Rope, Romance, Root, Rejoice. What will be the word in third position when they are arranged alphabetically?
ANSWER :- Root
86. Lata was facing the east. She turnned right and walked 20 meter, then turned to her right again and walked 20 meter. She then turned 45 degree towards her left and went straight to cover 35 meter. In which direction from her starting point is she?
ANSWER :- South-West
87. Six persons is a meeting, shake hands with each other. How many handshakes were interchanged?
ANSWER :- 15
88. If in the English alphabet each consonant is substituted by the immediate preceding letter and each vowel is substituted by immediate following letter, then the word "AUTHORITY" will be written as :
ANSWER :- BVSGPQJSX
89. How many 6's are there in 89873686398654868538 the following series which are not immediately followed by 3 but immediately preceded by 8?
ANSWER :- 2
90. If '+' means '*', '-' means '/', '*' means '-', '/' means '+' then 16-4+3*5/2=?
ANSWER :- 9
91.ജനങ്ങള് സംസാരഭാഷയായി ഉപയോഗിക്കുന്നിലെങ്കിൽ ആ ഭാഷ _______ ആണ് .
ANSWER :- മൃതഭാഷ
92.. 'ശൃം ഖല' ചങ്ങലയായും 'കൃഷ്ണൻ' കണ്ണനായും മാറിയ വ്യാകരണ പരിണാമം ........നു ഉദാഹരണമാണ്
ANSWER :- തത്ഭവം
93. ലിപിയും സാഹിത്യ ഗ്രന്ഥങ്ങളും ഇല്ലെങ്കിലും ആശയ വിനിമയത്തിന് ജനങ്ങൾ ഉപയോഗിച്ചുകൊണ്ടിരിക്കുന്ന ഭാഷ ____ ആണ് .
ANSWER :- ജീവൽഭാഷ
94. Amendment എന്ന പദത്തിന് നല്കാവുന്ന തര്ജിമ
ANSWER :- ഭേദഗതി
95. പ്രേക്ഷകൻ എന്നാൽ കാഴ്ചക്കാരൻ എന്നാണർത്ഥം , എന്നാൽ പ്രേഷകൻ എന്ന പദം അർത്ഥമാക്കുന്നത് _____ എന്നാണ്
ANSWER :- അയക്കുന്ന ആൾ
96. വൃദ്ധി എന്ന പദത്തിന്റെ വിപരീത അർഥം ?
ANSWER :- ക്ഷയം
97. വസ്ത്രം എന്നും മേഘം എന്നും അർത്ഥമുള്ള പദമാണ് ?
ANSWER :- അംബരം
98. രാപ്പകലുകൾ,മാതാപിതാക്കൾ എന്നിങ്ങനെ ഘടക പടങ്ങൾക്ക് തുല്യ പ്രാധാന്യമുള്ള സമാസമാണ്
ANSWER :- ദ്വന്ദൻ
99. രാഷ്ട്രപതി തന്റെ പത്നിയോടൊപ്പം എത്തിചേര്ന്നു ' - ഈ വാക്യത്തിൽ ഒഴിവാക്കാവുന്ന പദം ?
ANSWER :- തന്റെ
100. 'ഹൃദയത്തിൽ നിന്നും വരുന്നത് ' എന്നാ അർത്ഥത്തിൽ വേദികളിൽ ആവർത്തിക്കാറുള്ള തെറ്റായ പദപ്രയോഗം ആണ് :
ANSWER :- ഹാർദ്ദ്വമായി
OFFICIAL ANSWER KEY by Kerala PSC
EXPECTED CUT OFF MARK :- 45 - 55