When we speak or write, we use words. When words are in meaningful combinations, conveying complete sense, we call them a sentences.
Read the following groups of words.
- The useful is a computer machine.
- A useful computer is the machine.
- The computer is a useful machine.
Only the last of these can be called a sentence, because that alone conveys complete sense.
Excercise [Say which one of the following are 'sentence' and which are not. Rewrite the wrong ones correctly]
- The animal is a useful cow.
- He sat on a bench in the park.
- Works in my Gulf the brother.
- My mother is a teacher.
- Rahul Dravid a cricketer is great.
- A great was Mugal Emperor Akbar.
- Is what name your?
- Where are you going?
- Nice it is how!
- Do you told are as.
- Quit be please.
- Good of you how to come!