1. The social network system founded by Mark Zuckenberg:
(a) Orkut (b)Netlog (c) Twitter (d) Facebook
2. Where was India’s first computer installed?
(a) IIT, Delhi
(b) Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
(c) Indian Iron and Steel Company, Burnpur
(d) Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta
3. Which of the following refers to a small, single site network?
(a) LAN (b) DSL (c) RAM (d) USB
4. The default font available in MS WORD is:
(a) Arial (b) Verdana (c) Courier new (d) Times New Roman
5. How are data organised in a spreadsheet?
(a) Lines and spaces (b) Layers and planes
(c) Height and width (d) Rows and columns
6. Which is not the basic function of a computer?
(a) Copy text (b) accept input (c) Process data (d) Store data
7. Which of the following groups consists of only input devices?
(a) Mouse, Keyboard,Monitor
(d) Mouse, Keyboard,Scanner
8. The blinking symbol on the computer screen is called:
(a) Mouse (b) Logo (c) Hand (d) Cursor
9. Which process checks to ensure the components of the computer are operating and connected properly?
(a) Booting (b) Processing (c) Saving (d) Editing
10. A set of instructions telling the computer what to do is called:
(a) Instructor (b) Mentor (c) Program (d) Compiler
11. A device that connects to a network without the use of a cable is said to be:
(a) Distributed (b) Centralised (c) Open source (d) Wireless
12. Periferal devices such as printers and monitors are considered to be:
(a) Hardware (b) Software (c) Data (d) Information
13. An error is known as:
(a) Bug (b) Debug (c) Cursor (d) Icon
14. Data going into the computer is called:
(a) Output (b) Algorithm (c) Input (d) Calculations
15. The main system board of a computer is called:
(a) Integrated circuit (b) Motherboard (c) Processor (d) Microchip
16. Antivirus software is an example of ____
(a) Business software (b) An operating system (c)A security utility (d) An office suite
17. Computers connected to a LAN :
(a) run faster
(b) go online
(c) share information and/or share periferal equipment
18. A ____ shares hardware, software and data among authorised users:
(a) Protocol (b) Transmitter (c) Hyperlink (d) Network
19. The ____ is the box that houses the most important parts of a computer system?
(a) Software (b) Hardware (c) Input device (d) System unit
20. A website address is a unique name that identifies a specific ____ on the web.
(a) Web browser (b) Website (c) PDA (d) Link
21. A collection of programs that controls how your computer system runs and processes information is called:
(a) Compiler (b) Interpreter (c) Office (d) Operating system
22. ____ is processed by the computer into information:
(a) numbers (b) processor (c) input (d) data
23. A ‘Menu’ contains a list of:
(a) commands (b) data (c) objects (d) reports
24. Most websites have a main page, the _____, which acts as a doorway to the rest of the website pages:
(a) Search engine (b) Home page (c) Browser (d) URL
25. Unsolicited commercial email is commonly known as:
(a) Spam (b) Junk (c) Hoaxes (d) Hypertext
Answers1 (d) 2(d) 3 (a) 4 (d) 5(d) 6(a) 7(d) 8(d) 9(a) 10(c) 11(d) 12(a) 13(a) 14(c) 15(b ) 16(c) 17(c) 18(d) 19(d) 20(b) 21(d) 22(d) 23(a) 24(b) 25(a)
PSC Expected Questions From Kerala History | PSC Expected Questions From Indian History | PSC Expected Questions From Geography | PSC Expected Questions From Information Technology | PSC Expected GK Questions in English Medium | PSC Expected Questions From Constitution of India | PSC Expected Questions From Biology | PSC Expected Questions From Chemistry | PSC Expected Questions From Physics | PSC Expected Questions From Astrology | Renaissance in Kerala PSC Questions | Competitive Examination Expected General Knowledge Questions Expected Questions for IAS Examinations | Expected Questions for IPS Examinations | Expected Questions for Bank Examination | Expected Questions for UPSC Examinations | Expected Questions for SSC Examinations | Expected Questions for LDC Examination | Expected Questions for Teaching Post Examinations | KERALA PSC UNIVERSITY ASSISTANT EXAMINATION QUESTIONS | PSC UNIVERSITY ASSISTANT EXAMINATION QUESTIONS | KERALA PSC UNIVERSITY ASSISTANT EXPECTED EXAMINATION QUESTIONS | PSC UNIVERSITY ASSISTANT EXPECTED EXAMINATION QUESTIONS | PSC Company Corporation Board Assistant Grade Questions | Kerala PSC Company Corporation Board Assistant Grade Expected Questions | KPSC Company Corporation Board Assistant Grade Questions | Company Corporation Board Assistant Grade Previous Questions | Kerala PSC Company Corporation Board Assistant Grade Expected Questions | Kerala PSC Company Corporation Board Assistant Grade Previous Questions ,Expected Questions from Renaissance In Kerala | Renaissance In Kerala Study Note | Renaissance in Kerala Free Download | Kerala PSC Renaissance In Kerala Study Note | Study Note of Ayya Vaikundar | Kerala PSC Renaissance Questions | PSC Renaissance Questions | Study Note of Brahmananda Swami Sivayogi | Study Note of Chattampi Swami | Study Note of Sree Narayana Guru | Study Note of Vagbhatananda | Study Note of Thycaud Ayya | Study Note of Poikayil Yohannan (Kumara Guru) | Study Note of Ayyankali | Study Note of Pandit Karuppan | Study Note of Mannathu Padmanabhan | Study Note of V.T.Bhattathirippad | Study Note of Dr. Palpu | Study Note of Kumaranasan | Study Note of Vakkom Moulavi | Study Note of Blessed Kuriakose Elias Chavara