* It is a social security and welfare programme to provide support to aged persons, widows, disabled persons and bereaved families on death of primary bread winner, belonging to below proverty line house holds.
* It comprises of five sub-schemes namely
- Indira Gandhi National Old Pension Scheme (IGNOAPS)
- Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme (IGNWPS)
- Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension Scheme (IGNDPS)
- National Family Benefit Scheme (NFBS) and
- Annapurna Scheme.
VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK FOR MORE SCHEMES