PSC Expected Questions From Kerala History | PSC Expected Questions From Indian History | PSC Expected Questions From Geography | PSC Expected Questions From Information Technology | PSC Expected GK Questions in English Medium | PSC Expected Questions From Constitution of India | PSC Expected Questions From Biology | PSC Expected Questions From Chemistry | PSC Expected Questions From Physics | PSC Expected Questions From Astrology | Renaissance in Kerala PSC Questions | Competitive Examination Expected General Knowledge Questions Expected Questions for IAS Examinations | Expected Questions for IPS Examinations | Expected Questions for Bank Examination | Expected Questions for UPSC Examinations | Expected Questions for SSC Examinations | Expected Questions for LDC Examination | Expected Questions for Teaching Post Examinations | KERALA PSC UNIVERSITY ASSISTANT EXAMINATION QUESTIONS | PSC UNIVERSITY ASSISTANT EXAMINATION QUESTIONS | KERALA PSC UNIVERSITY ASSISTANT EXPECTED EXAMINATION QUESTIONS | PSC UNIVERSITY ASSISTANT EXPECTED EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
(a) Yellow Fever
(b) Arab Fever
(d) Swine Flu
2. Which country's Parliament is the first to run completely on solar power?
3. Which year was observed as the International Year of Pulses?
4. Which High Court is celebrating its 150th foundation year in 2016?
5. The Chairperson of the National Human Rights Commission shall be?
(a) The Chief Justice of India
(b) Rtd. Chief Justice of India
(c) Chief Justice of High Court
(d) Rtd. Chief Justice of High Court
6. Which is the first state to make gender education compulsary at the graduate level?
7. Which is India's first zero landless district of India?
(b) Mentally retarded
(c) Missing children
9. Which is the first Grama Panchayat in the state to declare a Water Policy?
10. Which is the world's first dengue vaccine?
11. The revolt of 1721 at which place is the first attempt against foreign domination from the South India?
12. Who among the followings was not a member of the Cabinet Mission?
(a) Clement Atlee
(b) Lord Alexander
(c) Stafford Cripps
(d) Pethwick Lawrence
13. The Eighth Schedule of the Constitution deals with?
(a) Official Languages
(b) Anti defection
(c) Panchayat Raj
14. Detergents are sodium or potassium salts of?
(a) Adipic Acid
(b) Carboxilic Acid
(c) Sulphonic Acid
(d) Hydroflouric Acid
15. The author of 'Man the Maker of his own Destiny' is?
(b) Rajaram Mohan Roy
(d) Vallabhai Patel
16. Which disease is caused by the deficiency of Vitamin D?
17.Kyoto Protocol deals with?
(a) Endangered Species
(b) Green House Gas Reduction
(c) Ban on Nuclear Test
(d) New Plant Varieties
18.The Green Belt Movement, the campaign for the protection of environment was founded by?
(a) Graca Machelle
(b) Ellen John Sirleaf
(c) Wangari Mathai
19.Which country is the first to bring a parliamentary legislation on climate change?
20.The Jatakas contain 500 stories connected with the previous births of?
(c) Adi Sankara
21.Right to Information Act became effective in India on?
(a) 15th June 2000
(b) 15th June 2001
(c) 15th June 2003
(d) 15th June 2005
22.The substance most commonly used as a food preservative is?
(a) Sodium Citrate
(b) Benzoic Acid
(c) Tartaric Acid
(d) Calcium Carbide
24.Most of the light rays inside a tube light is in the form of?
(a) Visible Light
(b) Infra Red
(c) Ultra Violet
(d) Bright Light
25.The decimal system of currency was introduced in India in the year?
26.Which of the following is a renewable source of energy?
27.Which one of the following Fundamental Rights is known as 'Heart and Soul of the Constitution'?
(a) Right to Religion
(b) Right to Equality
(c) Right to Constitutional Remedies
(d) Right to Freedom
28. Panchayath Day is observed on?
(a) February 19
(b) April 24
(c) March 19
(d) May 10
29.Who is the Chancellor of the State Universities?
(a) Chief Minister
(c) Education Minister
30. Which of the following crops help in nitrogen fixation?
31. Which dance form is known as 'Poetry in Motion'?
(a) Bharata Natyam
32.Which body has the power to grant State Party status to a political party?
(a) State Legislature
(b) Election Commission
(c) Rajya Sabha
(d) Public Accounts Committee
33. Which force is responsible for the protection of Indo-Nepalese border?
(a) Border Security Force
(b) Sashastra Seema Bal
(c) Assam Rifles
(d) Special Frontier Force
34. Which is the exclusive Tribal Panchayat of Kerala?
35. C. Sankaran Nair was elected as Congress President in?
36. Srisailam Dam is built across the river?
37. National Handloom Day is observed on?
(a) December 7
(b) January 18
(c) September 8
(d) August 7
38. Which belt of the Himalayas are famous for the doon valleys?
(d) Great Himalaya
39. Madhav Gadgil Committee is associated with the conservation of?
(a) Sea Turtles
(b) Endemic Plants
(c) Evergreen Forests
(d) Western Ghats
40. Who was the author of 'Jathibharatham'?
(a) Pandit Karuppan
(b) T K Madhavan
(c) K Ayyappan
41. Who has the right to suspend the Fundamental Rights of citizen?
(a) Supreme Court
(b) Lok Sabha
(d) Central Cabinet
42. Who was known as 'the Vivekananda of Kerala'?
(a) Agamananda Swami
(d) Subhananda Gurudeva
43. Which organisation is known as the 'Angelic Arm of UN'?
(a) UN Women
(d) Security Council
44. Who is the author of the book 'The Light of Asia'?
(a) Edwin Arnold
(b) EM Foster
(c) Dominique Lapier
(d) William Johns
45. Who said that 'the proper study of mankind is man'?
(b) Aldous Huxley
(c) Immanuel Kant
(d) Alexander Pope
46. In diesel engines, ignition takes place by:
(b) Electrical Spark
47. Alcohol contains:
(a) Carbon, Hydrogen, Nitrogen
(b) Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen
(c) Carbon, Hydrogen, Ammonia
(d) Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen
48. How many banks were Nationalised in 1980?
49. Which river forms the Palaruvi Falls?
(c) Vamanapuram Puzha
50. Rajiv Gandhi Combined Cycle Power Plant is situated at?
51. The Rajiv Gandhi Scheme for Empowerment of Adolescent Girls is popularly known as?
(a) Swavalamban Scheme
(c) Rashtriya Arogya Nidhi
(d) Balika Samridhi Yojana
52. Ajeevika is the flagship name of?
(a) National Rural Livelihood Mission
(b) Integrated Rural Development Programme
(c) National Rural Health Mission
(d) Swavalamban Scheme
53. The Mahila Samridhi Yojna was launched on?
(a) 2 October 1993
(b) 15 August 2000
(c) 26 January 1998
(d) 17 November 1997
54. Which was the first national level social welfare scheme launched in independent India?
(a) Twenty point programme
(b) Community Development Programme
(c) Integrated Child Development Programme
(d) Indira Awaas Yojna
55. The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan aims a clean India by?
(a) 2 October 2020
(b) 2 October 2018
(c) 2 October 2019
(d) 2 October 2022
56. Which among the following programs aimed at providing employment to the rural landless?
57. Name the major poverty eradication program launched in the Nineth FiveYear Plan period?
58. Which Prime Minister launched the Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS)?
(a) Jawaharlal Nehru
(b) Lal Bahadur Shastri
(c) Morarji Desai
(d) Indira Gandhi
59. In which year was the Employment Assurance Scheme (EAS) launched?
60. Which was the first state to enact the employment guarantee act?
61. I ----my vote early in the morning yesterday.
62. Neither of them ---- fit for the job.
(c) has been
63. Renu is superior ---- her sister in intelligence.
64. If you will help me now, I ---- you in your hour of need.
(b) will help
(c) would help
(c) will permit
66. There is no sugar in this tea; please put ----.
67. An American ---- more than an Indian does.
68. Rarely ----- here nowadays.
(a) he comes
(b) does come
(c) does he come
(d) he will come
69. This is the ---- building in the city.
70. A-cock-and-bull story' means -----
(a) an impossible story
(b) a black and white thing
(c) an unbelievable story
(d) a myth
71. The horizontal bar at the bottom of the screen is called -------.
(a) Title bar
(b) Scroll bar
(c) Task bar
(d) Menu bar
72. ------- is an example of application software.
(d) MS Excel
73. 'F5' is the shortcut key for -------.
74. ISP Stands for:
(a) Internet Service Provider
(b) Internet Safe Protocol
(c) Idea Service Protocol
(d) None of the above
75. An operating system is a large set of ------ which is also an interface between users and computer system.
(d) All of these
76. How much does 'K' represents in forms of memory?
(a) 1024 bits
(b) 1024 bytes
(c) 1000 bits
(d) 1000 bytes
77. An assembly language program must be translated into ------.
(a) High Level language
(b) Markup language
(c) Machine Language
(d) None of these
78. Data can be permanently held with the help of -------.
(a) Primary storage
(b) Secondary storage
79. Moving the mouse in any direction while keeping the left mouse button pressed is called:
(d) None of these
80. The default web browser in Windows OS is------.
(a) Mozilla Firefox
(b) Internet Explorer
(d) Google Chrome
81. If room is called home, home is called school, school is called floor, floor is called oil. What will a person stand on?
82. Find the odd-one from the following.
83. A and B are brothers, C and D are sisters. A's son is D's brother. How is B related to D?
(d) Grand father
84. How many 8's are there in the following number sequence which are immediately followed by 5 but not immediately preceeded by 3?
8 5 6 8 5 8 5 7 3 8 5 2 8 5 6 3 8 5 7 8 5 3
2 5 8 5
85. Pointing to Veena in the photograph Vishnu said she is the daughter of my grand father's only son. How is Veena related to Vishnu?
86. Madhu is older than Suman, Meena is younger than Sobha. Rita is older than Madhu but not as old as Meena. Who is the youngest?
87. Rani ranks 12th in a class of forty seven students. What is the rank from the bottom.
88. Four men P, Q, R and S reads books. R reads immediately before S, Q reads after P but before R. Who reads first?
89. Yuvarani started from a place and went 4 km. North and turned Left and movedas 2 km. West. Then again turned Left and moved 4 km. How many kms. away from the place she started?
(a) 4 kms.
(b) 2 kms.
(c) 6 kms.
(d) 5 kms.
90. Hari remembers his father's birthday between 17th and 20th September. Where as his sister remembers that their father's birthday is between 18th and 22nd of September. On which day in therir father's birthday?
(a) 18th September
(b) 19th September
(c) 20th September
(d) 21th September
91. The LCM of two numbers is 495 and their HCF is 5. If the sum of the numbers is 100, then their difference is?
92. Four numbers are in the ratio 1:2:3:4 their sum is 16. The sum of the first and fourth numbers is equal to?
93. If 120 is 20% of a number, then 120% ofthat number will be?
94. If the amount is 2.25 times of the sumafter 2 years at compound interest the rate of interest per annum is?
95. The average of 11 numbers is 10.8 Ifthe average of first 6 numbers be 10.4and that of the last six is 11.5, then the middle number (6th) numbers is?
96. A and B can do a piece of work in 72 days. B and C can do it in 120 days. A and C can do it in 90 days. In howmany days all the three together can do the work?
(a) 80 days
(b) 100 days
(c) 60 days
(d) 150 days
97. A train is travelling at the rate of 45 km/hr. How many seconds it will take to cover a distance of km?
98. A man was 32 years of age when he had his first son. His wife was 35 years of age when his son attained the age of 7 years. The difference between their age is …… years.
99. Drama: Director :: Magazine:?
100. If PRAYAG is coded as 654342, what would be 5424 stands for?
56. (d), 57. (b), 58. (d), 59. (c), 60. (d), 61. (c), 62. (a), 63. (b), 64. (b), 65. (d), 66. (b), 67. (a), 68. (c), 69. (d), 70. (c), 71. (c), 72. (d), 73. (c), 74. (a), 75. (a), 76. (b), 77. (c), 78. (b), 79. (b), 80. (b)
The person stands on the floor ie on oil.
Except throat, all others are sense organs
83. (c), 84. (b),
85. (a) Daughter of my grandfather's son is the sister
86. (b) Sobha>Meena>Rita>Madhu> Suman
89. (b) , 90. (b)
Hari - 18, 19
Sister - 19, 20, 21 The common date on both's memory is September - 19.
91. (a), 92. (b), 93. (d), 94. (d), 95. (d), 96. (c), 97. (b), 98. (d), 99. (b), 100. (d)