Kerala PSC LDC Questions | PSC LDC Questions | Kerala PSC LDC Questions and Answers in Malayalam | Kerala PSC LDC Questions in Malayalam | PSC Expected Questions From Kerala History | PSC Expected Questions From Indian History | PSC Expected Questions From Geography | PSC Expected Questions From Information Technology | PSC Expected GK Questions in English Medium | PSC Expected Questions From Constitution of India | PSC Expected Questions From Biology | PSC Expected Questions From Chemistry | PSC Expected Questions From Physics | PSC Expected Questions From Astrology | Renaissance in Kerala PSC Questions | Competitive Examination Expected General Knowledge Questions Expected Questions for IAS Examinations | Expected Questions for IPS Examinations | Expected Questions for Bank Examination | Expected Questions for UPSC Examinations | Expected Questions for SSC Examinations | Expected Questions for LDC Examination | Expected Questions for Teaching Post Examinations |
--------------------------------Keralapschelper.com is presenting a General Knowledge Questions with answers on World History. In this set we included only those kinds of questions which are asked by Kerala Public Service Commission in the exams like Lower Division Clerk and Last Grade and other PSC Examination.
1. Greek Mathematician who is regarded as ‘the Father of Geomety’:
(a) Archemedes (b) Pythagorus (c) Euclid (d) Epicurus
2. The Portuguese Navigator who led the expedition which completed the first circumnavigation:
(a) Columbus (b) Magellan (c) Cook (d) Cabral
3. Who was known as ‘lady with the lamp’?
(a) Joan of Arc (b) Florence Nightingale (c) Mother Theresa (d) None of these
4. Magellan was killed in:
(a) Philippines (b) Indonesia (c) Sri Lanka (d) China
5. Voltaire was a/an ...... philosopher:
(a) Greek (b) German (c) French (d) American
6. Who gave Pacific ocean that name?
(a) Cabral (b) Magellan (c) Vasco da Gama (d) Columbus
7. Who developed mercury thermometer?
(a) Toricelli (b) Fahrenheit (c) Marconi (d) Edison
8. Who developed telescope and discovered four satellites of Jupiter?
(a) Newton (b) Galileo (c) Herschell (d) Tombaugh
9. The father of Englsih poetry:
(a) William Shakespeare (b) Byron (c) Shelly (d) Geoffrey Chaucer
10. The first president of USA:
(a) Abraham Lincoln (b) Thomas Jefferson (c) James Madison (d) George Washington
11. Who developed petrol driven internal combustion engine?
(a) Gottleib Daimler (b) Karl Benz (c) Cockrell (d) Wright brothers
12. Who invented radio and wireless system?
(a) Marconi (b) Faraday (c) Newton (d) Huygens
13. Who authored ‘Tropic of Cancer’ and ‘Tropic of Capricorn’?
(a) Arthur Miller (b) Henry Kissinger (c) Henry Miller (d) Pearl S. Buck
14. Homer authored the epics ‘The Iliad’ and ‘The Odyssey’, was a/an ...... writer.
(a) Greek (b) Italian (c) French (d) German
15. The US diplomat Henry Kissinger shared Nobel Peace Prize with Le Duc Tho for negotiating the Vietnam issue, for the year:
(a) 1973 (b) 1974 (c) 1975 (d) 1976
1 (c) 2(b) 3 (b) 4 (a) 5(c) 6(b) 7(b) 8(b) 9(d) 10(d) 11(a) 12(a) 13(c) 14(a) 15(a)