1. First woman in the world to receive the Award for Exceptional Bravery at Sea for the year 2016 from the International Maritime Organisation (IMO).
2. Kerala Government has proposed a “Fat Tax” of how many percentage on fast food items like burgers, pizzas, donuts and pasta etc. served in branded restaurants in a bid to discourage the junk food culture.
Answer :- 14.6%
More Info : It proposed tax on foods or drinks judged to be unhealthy and whose consumption is believed to be linked to rising obesity levels. It is similar to the sin tax imposed on items such as alcohol or tobacco to discourage their consumption. Fat tax on junk food has been successfully imposed in European countries such as Denmark and Hungary.
3. India has set up an apparel training centre recently in which country to support textiles industry of the West African country.
Answer :- Kaduna, Nigeria
4. The second anti-drug working group meeting of heads of anti-narcotics agencies of BRICS countries began in which place to discuss issues related to narco-terrorism and money laundering.
Answer :- New Delhi
Answer :- HD 131399Ab
6. Name the South African writer, filmmaker and photographer who has won the 17th edition of prestigious Caine Prize 2016?
Answer :- Lidudumalingani
7. The Union Finance Ministry has constituted which committee to examine the feasibility and desirability of having a new financial year.
Answer :- Shankar Acharya Committee (Members :- Dr. Shankar Acharya ,P.V.Rajaraman, K.M.Chandrasekhar and Dr.Rajiv Kumar)