Renaissance in Kerala | Kerala PSC Renaissance in Kerala Questions | PSC Renaissance in Kerala | Expected Questions from Renaissance In Kerala | Renaissance In Kerala Study Note | Renaissance in Kerala Free Download | Kerala PSC Renaissance In Kerala Study Note | Study Note of Ayya Vaikundar
60. He said that he has no caste or creed and was common to every body. He also told the King that he would leave the jail only when he desires to do so.
61. This news spread all over Thiruvananthapuram. People came before him in large groups with fruits, flowers etc., His followers from different parts of south Tamil nadu reached Singarathoppu jail.
62. On the 19th day of Tamil month Masi (March 3, 1839) Ayya Vaikundar decided to go back to Swamithoppu.
63. With all glories, his followers carried him back to Swamithoppu overnight and reached there on 20th day of Masi. This day is very auspicious to all his devotees and now every year this day is celebrated as Masi procession.
64. Nowadays this procession starts from Thiruchendur and Thiruvananthapuram. It ends with grand functions and is currently a declared public holiday for the districts in South Tamil nadu.
65. During that period , Nanchi nadu was the storehouse of the paddy in Travancore. These paddy fields were taxed heavily. At the same time the land cultivators had to pay two types of taxes. One for land and other for trees. The majority of the land owners were high caste people. Even then Ayya Vaikundar entered in this issue. He told that the tax can be given to land only and organized hundreds of farmers of Nanchi nadu and proceeded to Thiruvananthapuarm. Addressing the farmers agitation at Thiruvananthapuram , Ayya Vaikundar asked the King to stop treetax which was an additional one. He also pointed out that only if the farmer toil in the mud , the King can eat in the golden plate. This event may be the first agitation of farmers against a Kingdom in the history of India.
66. This part of the 19 th century witnessed cruelty against women . They were not allowed to cover their breasts and below the knee in Travancore.
67. If any woman brought married from Thirunelveli ,they were also bounded to obey this rule.The high caste men used to tore the blouses (rowkka) of the ladies who cover their breast.
68. An young Nadar lady came to market by wearing a blouse at the place called Kottaram near Kanya kumari.
69. The high caste chieftains tore her blouse and captured her wedding chain with thaali. From this incident onwards , this market is known as Thaali Aruthaan Chanthai.
70. The men of Nadar community protested against this. The agitation spread over to different places. Several social workers intervened in this issue. The London Missionary Rev.Charles Mead went to the Court against this anti-human activity.
71. Straight fights between low caste and high caste men became common. The Govt. authorities stood on the side of high caste men.
72. They were not ready to consider the Court Verdict.So the Nadar men finally decided to break the hands of those who tear the blouses of their ladies. Strong fights went on.
73. Observing this severity of the agitation, the Govt. decided to permit Nadar women to wear the blouse.
74. But they were not permitted to put a shawl over the blouse. Ayya Vaikundar strongly opposed this and lead the agitation which was known as Mel Mundu Samaram.
75. As he foretold earlier Ayya Vaikundar attained Nirvaana on a Monday mid-noon 2nd of June 1851.
76. After the period of Ayya, many of his prophecies came to reality. Thousands of people became his followers.
77. His spiritual thoughts turned into a new way of life – Ayya Vazhi.The people who criticized him while he was alive, had recognized his way of thought-that is Ayya Vazhi.
For free Alert of new jobs ,Current Affairs, GK etc.. directly in Your Inbox: Click Here
We have started a Posting series about "LDC Expected Questions" on Kerala PSC Helper.com. So, the peoples who is preparing for LDC Examination 2016. We are here to invite you to subscribe to our new posts newsletter. So, you will get all our new posts quickly on your Inbox. Just put your email in below field.