Renaissance in Kerala | Kerala PSC Renaissance in Kerala Questions | PSC Renaissance in Kerala | Expected Questions from Renaissance In Kerala | Renaissance In Kerala Study Note | Renaissance in Kerala Free Download | Kerala PSC Renaissance In Kerala Study Note | Study Note of Ayya Vaikundar
46. In 1836 Ayya Vaikundar organized a massive
movement named ‘Samathva Samajam’. To
propagate his concept of equality and dignity
of all human beings this organization led a
47. Watching all the social and revolutionary
reforms led by Ayya Vaikundar, the high caste
Hindus became angry as well as afraid.
48. During the ‘Chariot Festival’ of Sucheendram
temple Ayya Vaikundar captured the chariot
thread (Kampa vadam) along with his
followers and ready to pull the chariot along
with the high caste.
49. He declared that the low castes including him
have the right to pull the temple chariot. This
act provocated the high caste authorities.
50. When the King, Swathi Thirunal, was visiting
a nearby place , they complained to him that
Vaikundar was deceiving the masses in the
name of God.
51. As they had full influence over the King and
the State, they convinced the King to arrest
52. The King believed the words of the high caste
chieftains and consequently sent a troop to
arrest Ayya Vaikundar.
53. The troop arrested Ayya Vaikundar from
Swamithoppu. Huge crowd of his followers opposed the arrest and agitated.
54. But Ayya Vaikundar advised his followers not
to be angry to the troops and to be patient. “
Let them learn who I am. I will be back to
you without any harm “.
55. Then the troop tied him with hemp ropes and
drew by a horse and brought him before the
King who was temporarily residing at
Sucheendrum, a place about 4 miles from
Swamithoppu, during 1838.
56. Ayya was brought before the King.The King
ordered to take Ayya Vaikundar to
Thiruvananthapuram, the capital of
57. After that the troop brutally man-handled
Ayya Vaikundar. The troop was astonished
to see Ayya without any change. So they
gave poisoned milk to him. Ayya drank the
milk with a smile. Nothing happened to him.
58. At Thiruvananhapuram Ayya Vaikundar was
punished with imprisonment for some
months and put in the jail at Singarathoppu
from November 1838.During the
imprisonment days he had to face different
59. King later ordered to release Ayya Vaikundar
by signing an agreement forcing him to be
only the leader of the people of his caste
only . But Ayya Vaikundar refused to sign
such an agreement .