Answer :- Aravallis
2. Which area in India gets the summer monsoon first?
Answer :- The Western Ghats
3. Which one of the following joins the Ganga from the south?
(Gomati, Gandak, Teesta, Sone)
Answer :- Sone
4. Which one is a land locked state?
Answer :- Bihar
5. Of which major river system does Teesta forms a major part?
6. During the period of South-West Monsoon, Tamil Nadu remains dry because?
Answer :- it lies in the rain shadow area
7. Which river flows between the Satpuraa and the Vindhyas?
Answer :- Narmada
8. Rajasthan receives very little rain because?
Answer :- the winds do not come across any barrier to cause the necessary uplift to cool the winds
9. The Aravallis fail to cause orographic precipitation in Rajasthan because?
Answer :- they lie parallel to the direction of the wind
10. When are the temperatures the highest in Southern India?
Answer :- April