1.Who regained the title as world's richest person according to Forbes magazine's annual ranking of global billionaires?
Answer: Bill Gates
2. The World Green Economy Summit (WGES) 2014 was held in:
3. Who became the youngest female mountaineer to scale the Mount Everest?
Answer: Malavath Purna (13) from Andhra Pradesh.
1. Which former Union Minister wrote the book India at Risk?
Answer: Jaswant Singh
2. Who is the author of the book `The Accidental Prime Minister - The Making and Unmaking of Manmohan Singh`?
Answer: Sanjaya Baru
Answer: P.C Parekh
4. The upcoming book of which former US secretary of State is titled Hard Choices?
Answer: Hillary Rodham Clinton
1. Name the Nobel Prize winning Colombian author died on 17 April 2014?
Answer: Gabriel Garcia Marquez
2. Which famous artist, orator and cultural activist who was the former chairman of the Kerala Lalita Kala Academy passed away recently?
Answer: M V Devan
1. The Reserve Bank of India has given ‘In Principle’ banking licenses to ............... and .............
Answer: Infrastructure Development Finance Company (IDFC) and Bandhan Financial Services Ltd.
Answer: Consumer Price Index (CPI), The RBI had earlier given more weightage to Wholesale Price Index as the key measure of inflation for all policy matters.
3. Which Indian businessman was honoured by ‘Knight Grand Cross’, one of UK’s highest civilian awards?
Answer: Ratan Tata
4. Which is India’s own indigenous card payment gateway that launched recently? Answer: Rupay
1. Which movie won seven awards at the 86th Academy Awards?
Answer: Gravity, This movie has been directed by Alfonso Cuaron (Mexico). He won the best director award for the film.
Answer: Cate Blanchette, She got the award for her role in the movie Blue Jasmine, directed by Woody Allen. Mathew Mc Conaughty won the best actor Oscar for Dallas Buyers Club.
1. Which Commission probing the Solar panel scam began its sitting in February?
Answer: Justice Sivarajan Commission