- Mehrgarh culture ( period 1 )begins, which was one of world's earliest Neolithic culture.
- Period 2nd of Mehrgarh begins.
- Period 3 of Mehrgarh begins.
- Period 4th of Mehrgarh begins.
- Period 4th of Mehrgarh ends.
- Antecedent of the Indus Valley Civilization begins, one of the world's three earliest urban civilizations, contemporary to Mesopotamia and Ancient Egypt.
- Kot Diji phase of the Indus Valley Civilization. The civilization used early form of script called Indus script.
- Mature Harappan phase of the Indus Valley Civilization. The cities of Harappa, Lothal, Kalibangan and Mohenjo-daro become large metropolises and the civilization expands to over 2, 500 cities and settlements in north western and western India, and parys of Afghanistan and Iran. It covered a region of around one million square meters, which was larger than the land area of its contemporaries Egypt and Mesopotamia combined, it had superior urban planning sewage systems.